Get ready to learn some new cooking tricks on July 10, when Savory Spoon Cooking School hosts “Simple and Sassy the Savory Spoon Way.”
Chef Thomas will assist students in preparing this flavorful dinner using a fresh free-range chicken, Door County fresh asparagus and homegrown strawberries. Add to your cooking repertoire and learn to make a compound butter and save the flavor of your fresh herbs, roast vegetables and work with fresh leeks.
The menu includes:
• Leek and Saffron Soup with Shrimp served with Chive
• Corn Scones with Citrus Butter
• Sage Roasted Chicken with Madeira Sauce
• Roasted Asparagus with Toasted Sesame Seeds
• Rice Pilaf with Dried Currants and Peanuts
• Strawberry Crème Caramel Tart
Chef Thomas uses Cherrydale Farms for free-range chickens as well as homegrown fruits, vegetables, and herbs. Cherrydale is located at 5030 County Road P in Sturgeon Bay and began natural production of produce, poultry, and beef in 1997. For more information, check out http://www.localharvest.org/farms/M25623.