Fresh seasonal vegetables from the farmer’s market will be the foundation for this class and meal at Ellison Bay’s Savory Spoon Cooking School on Thursday, August 6.
The flavors of the fresh produce will be brought out through slow cooking. This cooking technique has been around for centuries, and the use of a Dutch oven or Tagine has long been valued to keep meats and vegetables moist and succulent. Both will be used in this particular class.
Amy Savard of Wildwood Farm will be on hand with fresh produce from her farm and to talk about local produce.
The menu for the class includes:
- Zucchini Blossom Frittata
- Fresh Garden Greens with Macadamia Crusted Goat Cheese and Ginger Vinaigrette
- Braised Leg of Lamb with Heirloom Tomato and Fennel
- Seasonal Vegetables Glazed With Black Fig Vinegar
- Cherry Blossom Honey Tea Cake With Plum Moscato Sabayon